Sunday, April 24, 2011

Emerys Big Bonk



Our little family spent the night Thursday night at Cardons Childrens Hospital after Emery fell off her little trampoline onto the concrete porch :( She fell out around 6 Thursday evening. Pretty quickly I knew something was wrong...she was super sweaty, her eyes kept rolling back and within a few minutes she started throwing up....it was the worst feeling EVER. We figured she had at least a concussion... so we took off for the ER. Once we got there they did an Xray and found that she had a pretty good sized fracture :( so they admitted us and did a CT Scan so check for bleeding or fluid. The CT came back normal (yay!) but they still kept us over night to monitor her. Paige stayed with us the whole time (i didn't want to have to worry about her being sad with anyone on top of worrying about Em) and she was awesome, she was the bell of the ball and thought we were on vacation or something...there was so many neat things to look at and all the nurses loved that they got to see a "happy baby" since most of the babies they see are not so happy, you know? I just can't even imagine the families that have their babies stay there night after night...I pray we don't ever have to! I have never wanted to take my family home more in my life. Talk about being home sick! We were in our room in the ER around midnight, Emery was asleep with Morgan on the gurney, Paige was asleep on me sitting in a chair. Morgan and I were awake listening to a baby screaming down the hall (we found out later she was getting a catheter) and I thought "get us the heck out of here!!" but then I thought a little more and realized that I had both my sweet babies with me in our own little room where it was quite (in our room at least) I could hear both little girls breathing and sucking on their binkies, they both feel safe and comfortable with mom and dad and then my heart softened and I was just grateful. I could do this. About an hour later they put us in our room upstairs where Paige and I shared the couch and Morg and Em slept together on the bed. Emery is doing GREAT and you'd never even know anything was wrong. She actually slipped off the couch last night and just about gave me a heart attack. She didn't hit anything but I think my gasp scared her more than actually falling haha so the next time she went to climb up on the couch she says to herself "k emmy, don't fall" haha so looks like we have to be super extra watchful of our sweet girl for the next couple months so we don't ever have to go through that again!

5 comments:

  1. oh sister! i just love yhat ittle girlie!! kiss her twice for me:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so scary. Glad everything turned out good. We just had a scare with Morgan on Saturday where she fell off a hammock onto the cement and busted her cheek open needing stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! what a couple of days for you guys! i'm sure our time for a big scare is coming but i'm not looking forward to it... i'm actually surprised we haven't had more accidents. i'm soooo glad she is doing okay and i'm excited for the girlies to get to play in a week or two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, you're amazing! you seem so calm during all of this, I am so sorry for Emery! It sounds like her and Hudson would be good friends though :) I love and miss you so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh man that is the scariest thing ever!! I'm so glad she's doing better poor girl! And can I just tell you I'm dying over the pictures on the last post?? Their eyes are amazing and they both are just darling :)

    ReplyDelete