Sunday, November 22, 2009

BAJA 1000 by Morgan


So I'm a long time reader first time blogger and I thought that I would feel weird...but I don't. Jake Matt and myself, Morgan the now blogger, drove the 9 hours to Ensenada Mexico and witnessed unspeakable joy! The BAJA mil (one-thousand in english means mil in spanish) was absolutely worth risking swine flu and confronting drug lords for. I will bring wife and em next time...yes friends, there will be a next time and another next time....good times.

Rediculo!!!!
(ridiculous in english means Rediculo in spanish)

I asked the head police officer if he would let me ride around the Red Bull jump with my r/c truck and he agreed! After an incredible display of the little guy I asked him if we could go stand with the media guys by the fence (which was otherwise off limits ) and again he agreed!! As you can see there is about 6000 people around the jump and only about 15 had access to the media area, NBC, OFF Road Magazine, Outdoor World, some privateers and US it was unreal. Look for us on youtube and let me know if you can find us in action!

That would be me Matt and Jake enjoying our front row seats

p.s. I would like to give a shout out to my lovely wife for putting up with my absence and to Maren for letting us borrow her CRV.......which was de masculinizing at best but well worth the 25 mpg

2 comments:

  1. I've never been but Billy went one year to work on the vehicles! Fun stuff! Maybe we will see you there one of these years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. add me please! alyssamae87(at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete