Tuesday, October 19, 2010

2 Years Ago...

2 years ago on the 10th, Morgan and I became parents for the first time and fell head over heals for this little girl...

To read Emerys life story, read every post from October 10th 2008 until now :)

Now onto the festivities! Since Emerys birthday was on a Sunday and I'm quite large with child and not really up for a lot of hullabaloo, we decided to keep this birthday to family. Which is still PLENTY of hullabaloo :)
The Lewis boys came down the mountain to spend the weekend with us and the rest of the cousins (minus the Clarkson girls) came over on Sunday for dinner and some cake and ice cream! It worked out really well because my parents always have Sunday dinner so all I was in charge of was the cake! (even though Annie really ended up making it while I held Bridger boy...thanks sister! :))

(a lot of candles for a two year old i know...all the little candles spell "EM!" but you can't really tell....)

Thanks to Savannah and her mad bargain shopping skills, Emery got her very first TRIKE this year!! Emery LOVES it...and so did every little kid at my parents house...you know you picked a good gift when there's at least three other children in the room crying because THEY want it...haha




Unfortunately, Morgans family was in Rocky Point with the other grandkids for Ems actually birthday (again, me being large with child, decided to sit that Mexico trip out)so we had a second little party for Emery as well as Ayson (whose birthday was on the 5th) on Tuesday...
The Christensens got Emery little "clickity-clack" shoes which Emery LOVED and Grandma and Grandpa Pew got her a new baby with all the accessories...




(isn't Morgan handsome?? seriously...just thought I'd throw it out there)


Emery has been obsessed with babies honestly as long as I can remember... if there is a baby in the room she'll drop everything to hold it or feed it or just look at it and say "aww...baby" she has to have one or two of her babies with her all the time and really does a good job taking care of them! They get fed and changed and taken for walks and cuddled and put to go "night night" at least 10 times a day...
I can't even say how grateful we are for our sweet Emery...she really is the sweetest, most sensitive, affectionate, kind-hearted little girl I know...she has taught us more about love and patience and what really matters in this life in the short two years that she has been here, than we ever could have imagined...we joke that we're going to get it with this next baby cuz there's no way the Lord would give us another one like Emery...no one is that lucky :)

2 comments:

  1. gotta love that little girl...and i can't wait to meet an even littler girl soon!! see you and the girls for thanksgiving! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emery is a DOLL.... and her skirt is so darling! Fall birthdays are the best, you planned well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete